The subtle taste of parsley comes through in this rich, creamy broth. It has great flavor, plus it's so easy.—Emily R Chaney, Blue Hill, Maine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms, onion and parsley in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return to pan. Stir in sour cream; heat through, stirring occasionally (do not boil).
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 271 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Mushroom Bisque in Taste of Home October/November 2000