Basil Cream Cheese Bruschetta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped ripe olives
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the tomato, onion and olives; set aside.
- Combine cream cheese and basil; spread over the untoasted side of bread. Broil 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown. Top with tomato mixture. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 81 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Apr 13, 2014
Delicious and different bruschetta, I will definitely be making this again.
Apr 7, 2012
Love!! Very easy to make and is delicious!
Jan 16, 2012
Loved this recipe.
Apr 19, 2010
Bruschetta is one of my favorite appetizers to serve at parties, and I've tried several different recipes, and this one is one of my favorites and a favorite amongst our friends who have tried all my different recipes. It IS best warm, and I love the fresh basil. Definitely recommend this recipe.
Jan 10, 2010
Easy and impressive appetizer. Best when warm but delicious anytime!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.