Strawberry Ricotta Bruschetta
Here's an interesting spin on bruschetta. A creamy ricotta cheese spread is the ideal complement to the sweet, minty strawberry topping. —Laura Murphy, Jackson, Mississippi
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Brush bread slices with butter; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the strawberries, mint and honey; set aside. In another bowl, combine the ricotta, jam and lemon zest. Spread ricotta mixture over toast; top with strawberry mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 89 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Strawberry Ricotta Bruschetta in Taste of Home April/May 2019