Strawberry Ricotta Bruschetta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Brush bread slices with butter; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the strawberries, mint and honey; set aside. In another bowl, combine the ricotta, jam and lemon zest. Spread ricotta mixture over toast; top with strawberry mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 89 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 31, 2019
A great way to use up small strawberries. We cut up the berries, added the honey and mint, and let them sit for a little while to let the flavors meld. You can substitute other flavored kinds of honey for the regular honey for a slightly different flavor. Great summertime treat!
Mar 15, 2019
Easy to make, really tasty