Apricot Dessert Bruschetta
Years ago, my mother took a trip to Italy, and this recipe reminds her of the sun-kissed fruits from the orchards there. It's a lovely apricot dessert that's not overly sweet or heavy. —Deborah Biggs, Omaha, Nebraska
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 10 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for until toasted, 4-6 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine apricots, nectar and lemon peel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Strain and discard liquid.
- Combine cheese and preserves; spread over toasted bread. Top with apricot mixture. Sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 77 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Originally published as Sweet Apricot and Almond Dessert Bruschetta in Fast Track 2019