Strawberry Brunch Bruschetta
Try this sweet bruschetta for a brunch or indulgent weekend breakfast. The goat cheese, fresh herbs and strawberries make a blissful combination.—Johanna Hauer, Kennebunk, Maine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 pound fresh goat cheese
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh arugula or fresh baby spinach, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets; brush with oil mixture.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes. Spread with goat cheese. Broil until cheese begins to melt, 2-3 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries and arugula; layer over cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 117 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Breakfast Bruschetta in Country Woman April/May 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.