Strawberry Brunch Bruschetta
Try this sweet bruschetta for a brunch or indulgent weekend breakfast. The goat cheese, fresh herbs and strawberries make a blissful combination.—Johanna Hauer, Kennebunk, Maine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 pound fresh goat cheese
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh arugula or fresh baby spinach, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets; brush with oil mixture.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes. Spread with goat cheese. Broil until cheese begins to melt, 2-3 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries and arugula; layer over cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 117 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Sweet Breakfast Bruschetta in Country Woman April/May 2011