Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 5 min.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped and seeded plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- Sea salt and grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 3 tablespoons, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, shallot, basil, 2 teaspoons olive oil and garlic. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Brush remaining oil over both sides of baguette slices. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Top toasts with tomato mixture. Drizzle with balsamic syrup; sprinkle with sea salt and Parmesan. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 58 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Aug 28, 2019
I really loved this bruschetta recipe! A couple of items to note: There was enough topping for about 12 slices of bread so 16 servings may be stretching a bit. Do not reduce the balsamic vinegar too far in advance as it does thicken considerably when cooled.
Jun 6, 2019