This is my go-to appetizer in the summer when tomatoes and basil are fresh from the garden. The balsamic glaze takes this bruschetta recipe over the top. I like to use a Tuscan Herb or basil-infused olive oil for this. But, it's great with just plain olive oil too. —Brittany Allyn, Mesa, Arizona
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped and seeded plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- Sea salt and grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 3 tablespoons, 8-10 minutes . Remove from heat. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, shallot, basil, 2 teaspoons olive oil and garlic. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Brush remaining oil over both sides of baguette slices. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- 3. Top toasts with tomato mixture. Drizzle with balsamic syrup; sprinkle with sea salt and Parmesan. Serve immediately.
1 appetizer: 58 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jun 6, 2019nice recipe
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC