Bruschetta with Prosciutto
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 6-1/2 dozen
- 8 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, rosemary, pepper and pepper sauce if desired. Pour over tomato mixture; toss to coat.
- Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. With a slotted spoon, top each slice with tomato mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 23 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Sep 9, 2012
excellent to share with friends!
Sep 4, 2012
This was so good my wife and I almost forgot that I had grilled anything else.
Sep 2, 2012
I made this last night only substituted diced pancetta for the prosciutto. It was incredible! The whole family loved it. And there is no possible way that this would make 80 servings, 6 1/2 dozen as the recipe claims. But it was great!
Sep 1, 2012
ONLY FIVE in the picture??? Heck, that would take 3 seconds to clean out. Kidding aside, these on slices of toasted french bagg-ie-ets are a killer.
Sep 1, 2012
80 servings? How is this possible with only1 baguette?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.