Grilled Cheese & Prosciutto
Using a bread other than the expected white loaf is key to these crowd-pleasers. Thankfully, my local market in mid-Missouri carries kalamata olive bread. If you are unable to locate it, herbed Italian bread will work. —Amy Dodson, Columbia, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 12 thin slices hard salami
- 12 slices Italian or kalamata olive bread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Layer the provolone, prosciutto and salami on six bread slices; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 497 calories, 30g fat (16g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 1590mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Jun 15, 2018
This is definitely my new favorite grilled cheese recipe. Simple and delicious.
Jan 23, 2016
A very tasty twist on the grilled cheese. It was quick and easy . Paired well with the Satisfying Tomato Soup recipe I made to go with it. I'd recommend it.