Roma Tomato Bruschetta
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 10 fresh basil leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 French bread baguette
- Stack 5 basil leaves one on top of each other; roll up. Slice crosswise thinly. Repeat with remaining basil. Combine tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine olive oil and garlic in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 30 seconds.
- Cut bread into slightly angled 1/4-in. pieces. Brush with olive oil mixture; place on baking pan. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Just before serving, drain excess liquid from tomatoes. Spoon mixture evenly over bread slices. Serve immediately.
Aug 30, 2015
Jul 17, 2013
The only thing I would add would be the shredded mozzarella cheese on top!
Feb 15, 2011
I didn't have fresh tomatoes, so I used Hunt's fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic. I'm not usually a tomato person, but I LOVED this. I also used some parsley and I brushed both sides of the bread with olive oil
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.