Roma Tomato Bruschetta
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 10 fresh basil leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 French bread baguette
- Stack 5 basil leaves one on top of each other; roll up. Slice crosswise thinly. Repeat with remaining basil. Combine tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine olive oil and garlic in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 30 seconds.
- Cut bread into slightly angled 1/4-in. pieces. Brush with olive oil mixture; place on baking pan. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Just before serving, drain excess liquid from tomatoes. Spoon mixture evenly over bread slices. Serve immediately.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 30, 2015
Jul 17, 2013
The only thing I would add would be the shredded mozzarella cheese on top!
Feb 15, 2011
I didn't have fresh tomatoes, so I used Hunt's fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic. I'm not usually a tomato person, but I LOVED this. I also used some parsley and I brushed both sides of the bread with olive oil