Rustic Tuscan Pepper Bruschetta
If you love sweet red, yellow and orange peppers, pair them with fresh mint for a cold kitchen appetizer. Marinate for up to one hour before assembling. —Noelle Myers, Grand Forks, North Dakota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 each medium sweet yellow, orange and red pepper, cut into thin 1-inch strips
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 48 assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, honey and mint. Add peppers; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat goat cheese and cream cheese. Spread 1 rounded teaspoon on each cracker. Drain peppers well. Arrange peppers on cheese-topped crackers.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 34 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Rustic Tuscan Pepper Bruschetta in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.