The original recipe for this entree came from my grandmother, who baked it in the oven. Today, the fish, which has a pleasant lemon-and-herb flavor, cooks quickly in the microwave. My family has always raved about it.—Gloria A. Warczak, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds cod or haddock fillets
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Pepper to taste
- Place the fillets in an ungreased 11x7-in. microwave-safe dish. Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes; drain. Add wine or broth, lemon juice, lemon peel, chives, parsley, tarragon and pepper.
- Cover and cook 4-5 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 98 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Microwaved Cod in Quick Cooking March/April 2004