Cod with Rhubarb Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes4 servings (2 cups sauce)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- Coarsely ground pepper to taste
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add rhubarb and sugar; cook for 5-7 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the onion, mustard, parsley, basil, lime juice and pepper.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill cod, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with rhubarb sauce.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 1 fillet : 216 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Jun 25, 2018
I was really looking forward to trying this recipe and unfortunately I was disappointed. I have made cod many times, but I guess I never grilled it. Cod is a delicate fish, and as it cooked it flaked apart and fell under the grill grates. I was only able to save less than half. The funny thing is that when I was looking at the fish at Kroger I actually picked up a fish grill basket that was on sale for $5.99. Needless to say I will be buying the basket when I go back to the store next week. I found the rhubarb sauce to be just okay, but I would like to try the cod again with maybe a different sauce.
Jul 26, 2013
The picture does not do this recipe justice. The picture looks gross.