Cod with Rhubarb Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes4 servings (2 cups sauce)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- Coarsely ground pepper to taste
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add rhubarb and sugar; cook for 5-7 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the onion, mustard, parsley, basil, lime juice and pepper.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill cod, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with rhubarb sauce.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 1 fillet : 216 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Jun 25, 2018
I was really looking forward to trying this recipe and unfortunately I was disappointed. I have made cod many times, but I guess I never grilled it. Cod is a delicate fish, and as it cooked it flaked apart and fell under the grill grates. I was only able to save less than half. The funny thing is that when I was looking at the fish at Kroger I actually picked up a fish grill basket that was on sale for $5.99. Needless to say I will be buying the basket when I go back to the store next week. I found the rhubarb sauce to be just okay, but I would like to try the cod again with maybe a different sauce.
Jul 26, 2013
The picture does not do this recipe justice. The picture looks gross.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.