Richly flavored crab dresses up mild and flaky cod in this incredibly low-fat dish. In summer, try individually wrapping the fillets in foil and grilling them over indirect heat.—Cheryl Woodson, Liberty, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 cod fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Snipped fresh dill
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Sprinkle cod with salt and place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top fillets with crab mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cod flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with fresh dill.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 198 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Originally published as Crabbie Baked Cod in Country Woman February/March 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.