Lemony Shrimp & Tomatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min.
Makes4 kabobs (1/2 cup sauce)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 pound uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup fresh arugula
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic and lemon zest until blended. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Place arugula, green onions, yogurt, milk, vinegar, mustard, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor; process until smooth.
- On 4 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and tomatoes. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt.
- Grill, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are no longer pink. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob with 2 tablespoons sauce: 147 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 475mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Aug 11, 2014
We live near the ocean here in Pensacola and always looking for new ways with shrimp. the marinade is just wonderful.
Jun 5, 2014
Any recipe with shrimp will grab my attention... so of course, I had to make this one. No grill, so I did it under the broiler, prepared exactly as written, and we loved it. Did not make the dipping sauce; served it with rice on the side. As a volunteer field editor, I am delighted to recommend this recipe.
May 24, 2014
I substituted small sweet peppers for the tomatoes, and omitted the dipping sauce for lack of time, but at least I made the shrimp part as written. The marinade was simple and lemony, and my kids loved it.