Lemon & Dill Shrimp Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 hoagie buns, split
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (41-50 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1-1/4 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: Lettuce leaves and sliced tomato
- Hollow out bun bottoms, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (save removed bread for another use). In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper until blended. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Spoon shrimp mixture into bun bottoms. If desired, top with lettuce and tomato. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich (calculated without lettuce and tomato): 534 calories, 31g fat (6g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 992mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Feb 23, 2017
This was pretty good and very easy to make. I had leftover shrimp and decided to make this for lunch the next day. I cut it into 1/4 because that's all the leftovers I had. The only thing I did different was I added in a drop or two of Worcestershire sauce. I'd make this again.
Sep 21, 2016
Wonderful and I do not usually like lemon. Easy to prepare.