Dilly Chickpea Salad Sandwiches
These chickpea salad sandwiches are super flavorful and contain less fat and cholesterol than chicken salad. They make delightful picnic sandwiches. —Deanna McDonald, Muskegon, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard or Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices multigrain bread
- Optional: Romaine leaves, tomato slices, dill pickle slices and sweet red pepper rings
- Place garbanzo beans in a large bowl; mash to desired consistency. Stir in onion, celery, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, vinegar, salt, paprika and pepper. Spread over each of 6 bread slices; layer with toppings of your choice and remaining bread.