Dilly Chicken Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed, divided
- 8 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside. In a large skillet, saute garlic and 1/4 teaspoon dill in 3 tablespoons butter for 1 minute; Add chicken; cook over medium heat until juices run clear, 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Spread both sides of bread with remaining butter. In a large skillet or griddle, grill bread on both sides until golden brown.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, lemon juice and remaining 1/2 teaspoon dill; spread on one side of grilled bread. Place lettuce, chicken and tomato on 4 slices of bread; top with remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 490 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 591mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Jul 25, 2013
These are amazing sandwiches. The flavor is delicious and they are fairly simple to prepare. I will definitely make this again- they so delicious!
Aug 13, 2010
didn't have french bread, so used pita bread. even without the grilled cruch, this was fantastic! will definately make again.
Jun 17, 2010
A favorite with my family especially my teenage sons. My oldest asked for the recipe when he moved out on his own.
Mar 30, 2010
This was awesome... my husband and I will definitely make this one again!