Chicken Alfredo Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 Italian rolls (6 inches), split
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce, warmed
- Combine the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; sprinkle over chicken. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or a thermometer reads 170°, topping with red pepper strips during the last 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, onion powder and garlic powder; brush over cut sides of rolls. Place cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- On each roll bottom, layer 1/4 cup spinach, 1 tablespoon Alfredo sauce, a chicken breast half and another tablespoon of Alfredo sauce. Replace roll tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 459 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 817mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 16, 2009
I made this recipe but, I roasted my own bell pepper. It turn out great. I will be making this one again.
Jun 6, 2009
I should think you could lighten it up quite a bit. use only 2-2 1/2 oz chicken breast. Grill the chicken and omit the oil and omit the butter entirely, and use a light hamburger roll (100 calorie kind)
Jun 5, 2009
This is heavy on the claories and fat. Maybe a lighter version would be better.