Chicken Alfredo Stromboli
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 mini French bread baguette (5 ounces), halved lengthwise
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup canned mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place bread, cut side up, on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute chicken in oil and 1 teaspoon butter until no longer pink. Add the mushrooms, salt, garlic powder and pepper; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, Parmesan cheese and remaining butter; spread over bread halves. Top with chicken mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 613 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 1249mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 38g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 18, 2014
Oh wow--this is wonderful!
Oct 2, 2013
I made this with fresh mushrooms and steamed fresh broccoli! it is one of my favs!
Apr 16, 2012
The first time that I fixed this recipe, I was in a hurry in the store and trying to think of something fast to fix and this recipe came to mind. I used some "everything frecnch bread" because it was marked down half price in the bakery, I also switched to fresh portabella mushrooms which made it better than the can mushrooms. They just take a little longer to cook, so you have to saute them in the oils a little longer to tenderize them. I also got a bag of that tyson pre-cooked chicken cubes since I was in a hurry, but everything else I followed exact. I really didn't think that a sourcream sauce would be good on a sandwich, but I was plesantly suprised. This was really good and even better on the "everything" bread that had poppyseeds, french onions, and well a little bit of everything baked into it. I will defiently be making this again, and the next time I think that I will actually take the time to bake my own bread and I know that it will be even better.
Feb 26, 2012
i used sauted onion cooked with the mushrooms and added real bacon bits to mine. This was so good and a liter version of my origonal way of doing chicken alfredo subs. We just loved them and will b making them more often. It was so quick and easy.
Dec 7, 2011
I doubled this recipe since I was cooking for my 3 growing boys and husband. My kids liked it but didn't love it but my hubby thought is was great. Fast and easy. I didn't put any mushrooms in it and added a little extra sour cream to make it a little saucier.
Feb 8, 2011
These are very good. When I made them I added a little sauteed onion. I didn't have a baguette or even french bread on hand so I halved hot dog buns! Worked great. Needed 2 buns and had enough topping for 4 mini sandwiches. Quick, easy meal.
Oct 26, 2009
Added a little curry powder. Excellent! One of my family's new favorites.
Jan 29, 2009
The garlic flavor was way too intense. Otherwise it was good, but next time I would add 1/8 tsp or less garlic powder.