Chicken Alfredo Stromboli
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 mini French bread baguette (5 ounces), halved lengthwise
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup canned mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place bread, cut side up, on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute chicken in oil and 1 teaspoon butter until no longer pink. Add the mushrooms, salt, garlic powder and pepper; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, Parmesan cheese and remaining butter; spread over bread halves. Top with chicken mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 613 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 1249mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 38g protein.
Mar 18, 2014
Oh wow--this is wonderful!
Oct 2, 2013
I made this with fresh mushrooms and steamed fresh broccoli! it is one of my favs!
Apr 16, 2012
The first time that I fixed this recipe, I was in a hurry in the store and trying to think of something fast to fix and this recipe came to mind. I used some "everything frecnch bread" because it was marked down half price in the bakery, I also switched to fresh portabella mushrooms which made it better than the can mushrooms. They just take a little longer to cook, so you have to saute them in the oils a little longer to tenderize them. I also got a bag of that tyson pre-cooked chicken cubes since I was in a hurry, but everything else I followed exact. I really didn't think that a sourcream sauce would be good on a sandwich, but I was plesantly suprised. This was really good and even better on the "everything" bread that had poppyseeds, french onions, and well a little bit of everything baked into it. I will defiently be making this again, and the next time I think that I will actually take the time to bake my own bread and I know that it will be even better.
Feb 26, 2012
i used sauted onion cooked with the mushrooms and added real bacon bits to mine. This was so good and a liter version of my origonal way of doing chicken alfredo subs. We just loved them and will b making them more often. It was so quick and easy.
Dec 7, 2011
I doubled this recipe since I was cooking for my 3 growing boys and husband. My kids liked it but didn't love it but my hubby thought is was great. Fast and easy. I didn't put any mushrooms in it and added a little extra sour cream to make it a little saucier.
Feb 8, 2011
These are very good. When I made them I added a little sauteed onion. I didn't have a baguette or even french bread on hand so I halved hot dog buns! Worked great. Needed 2 buns and had enough topping for 4 mini sandwiches. Quick, easy meal.
Oct 26, 2009
Added a little curry powder. Excellent! One of my family's new favorites.
Jan 29, 2009
The garlic flavor was way too intense. Otherwise it was good, but next time I would add 1/8 tsp or less garlic powder.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.