Alfredo Chicken & Biscuits
For a cute potpie presentation, dish this creamy chicken up in ramekins and top each with a biscuit. I sometimes serve it over hot linguine, too. —Jennifer Jordan of Hubbard, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) Alfredo sauce
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour half into a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in batches on both sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Pour remaining Alfredo mixture over chicken. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender (a thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°).
- Arrange biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet; sprinkle with cheese. Bake according to package directions.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker. Shred with two forks; return to slow cooker. Serve chicken mixture in ramekins or shallow bowls topped with a biscuit.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 480 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 1305mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 37g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Veggie Alfredo in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.