Cheesy Mexican Chicken Alfredo
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes2 casseroles (4 servings each)
- 1 package (16 ounces) gemelli or spiral pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken, onion, green pepper and pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in Alfredo sauce; bring to a boil. Stir in 1-3/4 cups cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, salsa, milk and taco seasoning.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Divide between two greased 8-in. square baking dishes.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 564 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 894mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Sep 24, 2016
This a good recipe except for a few things. Way too much pasta. I did not add it all to the sauce. Even then I added as much Alfredo sauce as another jar. Also added extra Taco seasoning and extra Parmesan cheese..
Dec 6, 2014
This is the best chicken alfredo i have ever ate, my family loves it,great for party's as well.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.