Cheesy Mexican Chicken Alfredo
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes2 casseroles (4 servings each)
- 1 package (16 ounces) gemelli or spiral pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken, onion, green pepper and pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in Alfredo sauce; bring to a boil. Stir in 1-3/4 cups cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, salsa, milk and taco seasoning.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Divide between two greased 8-in. square baking dishes.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 564 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 894mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 24, 2016
This a good recipe except for a few things. Way too much pasta. I did not add it all to the sauce. Even then I added as much Alfredo sauce as another jar. Also added extra Taco seasoning and extra Parmesan cheese..
Dec 6, 2014
This is the best chicken alfredo i have ever ate, my family loves it,great for party's as well.