Chicken Philly Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet orange or yellow pepper, julienned
- 6 slices provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 4 whole wheat hoagie buns, split and warmed
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion and sweet peppers until crisp-tender.
- Return chicken to the pan. Reduce heat to medium. Add cheese. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 467 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 986mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 9g fiber), 28g protein.
Nov 16, 2019
No peppers, no whole wheat anything, no tomatoes and no quinoa! Just onions and a little bit of garlic or garlic powder. If you’re not getting real Philly rolls, forget it.
Jan 23, 2019
Just fantastic! I added fresh bacon and put over shredded romaine and some quinoa. Nom, nom, nom...
Sep 24, 2017
This was great over rice instead of in a Hoagie Bun, too. Great recipe!
Jan 8, 2015
Woo what a beautiful recipe lol, thanks for sharing it with us; Jesus Christ Bless you! :)
Nov 4, 2012
Loved these sandwiches! I used a little under 1 lb of chicken since my buns were a bit longer. I decreased the salt because I added Montreal Chicken seasoning while the chicken was cooking. I also lightly buttered and grilled the buns. Can't wait to make again.
Oct 10, 2012
It was good.
Aug 28, 2012
Even my picky teenage daughter ate them!
Jun 4, 2012
Will make it every month now! Very yummy!