Philly Cheese Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 8 slices process American cheese or pepper jack cheese
- 8 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine first six ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 7 hours. Stir in peppers; cook, covered, until meat and peppers are tender, 1-3 hours.
- Stir to break up meat. Serve beef mixture and cheese on buns.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 546 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 754mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 40g protein.
Jan 23, 2018
Loved how simple this was to put together! I did have to add some more seasoning though to bump up the flavor to our liking, but it is a good base recipe. I used provolone cheese and it went perfectly with the meat - the sandwiches were delicious!
Nov 30, 2017
Tried this last night for dinner. OMG , this is a keeper for sure. Simple to prepare with very few ingredients and so tasty. I added in 1/2 cup or so beef broth and seasoned salt. Hubby and I love this sandwich.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.