Nutty Chicken Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes16 tea sandwiches
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, egg, pineapple, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in pecans. Place spinach on four slices of bread; top with chicken salad and remaining bread. Cut each sandwich into quarters.
Aug 6, 2017
I brought these to a family reunion potluck picnic. They were very tasty. Will make them again. Joyce Moynihan Field Editor.
Sep 13, 2010
Wonderful !!! The only difference I made was I used Marble Rye Bread.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.