Philly Steak Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked roast beef
- 6 hoagie rolls, split
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 cups water
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions and green pepper in butter until tender. Divide beef among rolls. Top with vegetables and cheese; replace roll tops.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine bouillon and water; cook until heated through. Serve as a dipping sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 517 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 1180mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 45g protein.
Oct 15, 2014
So good! And easy to cut in half for me and my hubby! Going to make these again really soon!
Dec 6, 2010
This is my go to recipe when I have a large crowd to feed.... it's very quick and easy, so I don't have to spend to much time in the kitchen.
Sep 2, 2010
This was quick and easy to make. I bought roast beef from the deli which made it easy to prepare. My family really enjoyed dinner and asked to add this recipe to our menu.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.