Grilled Pepper Jack Chicken Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 center-cut bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 2 slices (1/2 ounce each) pepper jack cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 slice onion, separated into rings
- 2 slices tomato
- Dill pickle slices, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with poultry seasoning. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Top with bacon and cheese; cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, onion, tomato and pickles if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 335 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 15, 2018
A good basic chicken sandwich, perfect for weeknight summer meals or a casual cookout.
Feb 12, 2017
This sandwich is wonderful. We had it for dinner tonight and hubby said if he had a restaurant, he would serve this sandwich. It was that good. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor
Jan 8, 2017
I make something very similar, but I pound the chicken breasts first to flatten them a little so that they cook a little quicker and are easier to eat on a sandwich. I also halve and grill alongside the chicken, jalape?os from my garden, and I stack the jalape?o on the sandwich when all is done. Adds that little extra flavor some mentioned was missing.
Feb 11, 2016
Served these on onion rolls... Delicious!
Apr 21, 2014
LOVE this. I used turkey bacon and added avocado wedges along with a thin layer of mayo on the toasted ciabatta buns. To die for
Mar 3, 2014
I made these for the family the other night and it was a big hit! Simple, easy and filling. Will definitely be making it again.
Jun 27, 2013
I didn't use poultry seasoning because I didn't have it. I just seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder. We also omitted the bacon and used whole wheat buns. (to cut some calories/fat) Overall it was great! We eat chicken a LOT, and sometimes I forget about these classic ways to make it tasty! Thanks!
Jun 11, 2013
My Husband says he doesn't like chicken breast, ha ha, yes he does!
Jan 13, 2012
i love the combination of ingredients.
Aug 29, 2011
Blech - my first time using poultry seasoning - hated it. Would rather just season the chicken as I normally would & slap the pepper jack & bacon on.