Barbecued Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add barbecue sauce. Seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cool; cover and refrigerate chicken until chilled.
- Chop chicken; place in a large bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, onion, celery, salt and pepper flakes. Serve on rolls with tomato and lettuce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 481 calories, 27g fat (4g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 712mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Sep 8, 2012
Ooohh! Yeah! I coarsely ground the grilled chicken in the processor, adding a bit more barbecue sauce, then proceeded with the recipe. Excellent sandwich filling.
Sep 13, 2010
This was really good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.