Grilled Pineapple Chicken Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 bacon strips, halved
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 pineapple slices
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 2 lettuce leaves, optional
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Flatten chicken to 3/8-in. thickness; brush both sides with oil. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4 minutes. Turn; brush with barbecue sauce. Grill 3-4 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, place the pineapple and rolls cut side down on grill; cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned, turning the pineapple once. Place lettuce if desired on roll bottoms; top with chicken, cheese, bacon and pineapple. Replace roll tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 556 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 860mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 44g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 16, 2017
Delicious. I have made this several times and it never disappoints.
May 15, 2012
Nice and simple but had great flavors working together. Will definitely do again
Aug 23, 2010
Very good sandwich.
Jun 19, 2009
I thought this was great. Since I don't have a grill I cooked them on my griddle. I ate them on a plate with a salad