- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 small green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 beef top round steak (1 pound)
- 4 wedges The Laughing Cow light Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and green pepper; cook and stir until tender, 8-10 minutes. Remove from skillet; cool slightly.
- Cut steak into 4 pieces; pound with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread with cheese. Sprinkle with pepper; top with mushroom mixture. Roll up from a short side; secure with toothpicks. Place back in skillet.
- Bake until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°, medium-well, 145°), 12-17 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with mashed potatoes.
1 roll with 3/4 cup mashed potatoes: 364 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 822mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.