Dilly Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours + cooling
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) whole dill pickles, undrained
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 to 12 hamburger buns, split
- Giardiniera, optional
- Cut roast in half and place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add pickles with juice, chili sauce and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until beef is tender.
- Discard pickles. Remove roast. When cool enough to handle, shred the meat. Return to the slow cooker and heat through. Using a slotted spoon, fill each bun with about 1/2 cup meat mixture. If desired, top meat with giardiniera.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 310 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 842mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Aug 4, 2015
Thanks for posting this! I found it years ago in one of the Taste of Living magazines and lost it. This is great for those who don't really care for 'sweet' BBQ!
Jun 5, 2013
Very good and so easy.
Jun 15, 2012
My soon to be mother in law made these, and it was spectacular!!!
Oct 28, 2011
Just plain delicious.
Aug 12, 2011
I love these!!!
May 31, 2009
This was amazingly good. I can't even eat dill pickles normally. My husband rates this as the best way to eat shredded beef.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.