Luau Chicken Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 6 lettuce leaves, optional
- 6 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice and six pineapple slices (save remaining juice and pineapple for another use). In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the brown sugar, ground mustard, garlic salt, pepper and reserved pineapple juice; add chicken. seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and dill. Refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill the chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Grill pineapple slices for 1 minute on each side.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on roll bottoms. Layer with lettuce if desired, chicken and pineapple. Replace roll tops.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 29, 2011
Very tasty sandwiches!
Feb 27, 2011
The first time I made this, I just made the chicken as a main dish w/o the bun (still served each piece w/ a pineapple ring, and dollop of dill sauce- inside of the ring- on top), not only was it a pretty presentation, my hubby raved about the taste to everyone for days. Once I explained to him that the recipe actually had the chicken on a bun, he was officially won over, as he thought it would make an awesome sandwich (my guys are avid chicken sandwich eaters). I've made it both ways ever since, and it's always a quick and easy "go-to" recipe.
May 30, 2010
I made this for a party and everyone loved them! It is definitely a favorite and I will make over and over.
Jun 15, 2009
this was so easy to make. It is sweet and filling. This is a great recipie for summer too. Will make again