Fruity Chicken Salad Mini Sandwiches
Chicken salad ranks among the classics, and this version is a hit at parties of all kinds. Feel free to substitute green grapes for the red, or toss in extra strawberries when they're in season. The filling can also be served on a bed of salad greens. —Marcy Kamery, Blasdell, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 potato dinner rolls or Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- Place first five ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, basil, lemon juice and seasonings; stir into chicken mixture. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- To serve, fill each roll with 1/3 cup chicken mixture.