Fruity Chicken Salad Pitas
I found this handwritten recipe tucked inside an old community cookbook I bought more than 40 years ago. I made a few changes over the years to suit my family’s tastes. —Kristine Chayes, Smithtown, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 pita pocket halves
- Combine the first 9 ingredients. Fill pita halves with chicken mixture.