Grilled Greek Fish
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a shallow dish, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the tilapia, turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- Place tilapia on greased grill rack. Cook, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 223 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 26, 2016
I forgot to get the fish marinating in time for dinner so I was only able to marinate it for about 15 mins. It was all right, but not much flavor. I will make it again and marinate it longer to see if it has a better flavor. I also cooked it in a pan for about 2 mins per side.
Jan 11, 2016
I really likes this recipe, although the husband thought it had too much lemon juice.
Oct 30, 2014
A healthy and convenient go-to meal with a fresh balance of flavor from the lemon and herbs.
Jun 30, 2012
very flavourful, I did marinate it for about 4hrs. however, and, added capers as a garnish