Greek-Style Chicken Burgers
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- In a small bowl, mix the sauce ingredients; refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven burger ingredients. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 350 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 732mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Feb 18, 2017
I did not make the tzaziki sauce but used the recipe for the burgers by itself. Delicious! I baked them and served on whole wheat buns with guacamole, lettuce, and cheddar cheese. The whole family gobbled them down so I would absolutely make them again.
Mar 16, 2011
absolutely would make this again, my family loved these. To save time I bought the tziki sauce. I put lettuce tomato cucumber & feta cheese on the burger then the tziki sauce, amazing!!!!
Jul 25, 2009
In traditional "tsatsiki" (cucumber sauce) there is no feta.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.