Greek Grilled Chicken Pitas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- CUCUMBER SAUCE:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 pita pocket halves
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pour vinaigrette into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; chill until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. If grilling the chicken, lightly oil the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Cut chicken into strips. Fill each pita half with chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, onion and cheese; drizzle with sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 filled pita halves: 428 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 801mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Nov 2, 2015
What I did different: I made my own vinaigrette with balsamic, garlic, olive oil, brown sugar, salt, pepper, cut the chicken into strips before marinading, this way you can marinade for only ~ 2 hours. I added dried oregano, dried rosemary, dried thyme to marinade, added more salt and pepper (~ 2X), used arugula in the pita (yum), was really good, but still too bland, will definitely do this again, but next time more spice...especially salt!
Sep 21, 2014
These are so delicious !!! It's a bit of prep work, but well worth it
Mar 9, 2014
May 19, 2012
this was good but i added seasonings to the meat and vinegar dried onion- dried garlic - oregano - salt and pepper definitely will do this again - i also used flat pitas with no pockets they are just easier to manage those little half pitas make a mess
Aug 19, 2011
These are great! The tangy chicken with the cool cucumber sauce and fresh veggies with feta cheese is a taste explosion in your mouth. We added chopped avacado to ours as well. Everyone liked them adults and children as well.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.