Chicken Cucumber Pitas
I wanted a good recipe for pita stuffing. Seeing the large stack of garden-fresh cucumbers on my counter, I decided to improvise and create my own recipe. It was a huge hit. —Sheena Wellard, Nampa, Idaho
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 large cucumber, quartered, seeded and sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 pita pocket halves
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the ranch dressing, mayonnaise, Italian dressing, garlic powder and pepper; pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Fill each pita half with a scant 1/2 cup chicken mixture.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts2 filled pita halves: 445 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 747mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Jul 3, 2018
TOH -- PLEASE return to your former format where most of the recipes print on one page and favorite reviews can be selected to print. This new format is not user-friendly.