Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 6 whole pita breads
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, garlic and seasonings; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the lettuce, cucumber, yogurt and sesame seeds. Top each burger with lettuce mixture; serve with pita breads.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 409 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 731mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 8, 2013
Kind of has a 'falafal' taste to it, only with a burger....I don't necessarily follow every aspect of the recipe, but certainly follow the idea behind it!
Jun 30, 2010
I didn'tlike this at all. Sorry.
Jun 21, 2010
Doesn't taste like gyros but a good combination of flavors.