Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 pita pocket halves
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the rice, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in cheese; cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Spoon mixture into pita pockets.
Jul 19, 2015
Loved these! Super easy and delicious - they were a big hit with my husband and son! I added chopped lettuce to each pita pocket and topped with sour cream before serving.
Jan 16, 2011
I was using flour tortillas because I had no pitas. Even my 6 year old son did love it and he is hard to please when it comes to food
Feb 18, 2010
I love this recipe, so flavorful and easy to make. Can be doubled very easy. The filling freezes very well.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.