Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 pita pocket halves
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the rice, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in cheese; cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Spoon mixture into pita pockets.
Jul 19, 2015
Loved these! Super easy and delicious - they were a big hit with my husband and son! I added chopped lettuce to each pita pocket and topped with sour cream before serving.
Jan 16, 2011
I was using flour tortillas because I had no pitas. Even my 6 year old son did love it and he is hard to please when it comes to food
Feb 18, 2010
I love this recipe, so flavorful and easy to make. Can be doubled very easy. The filling freezes very well.