Santa Fe Chicken Pita Pizzas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 whole pita breads
- 1/2 cup refried black beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with beans. Top with salsa, chicken, chilies and olives; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with green onion; serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 pizza: 380 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 776mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 19, 2018
I followed the recipe completely. My family, a 5 & 6 year old plus hubby, all enjoyed it. Hubby requested that I make it again next week! This recipe will definitely go in the rotation.
Apr 18, 2013
My family has not quit talking about this recipe. I love the combination of refried black beans, chicken, salsa, sour cream and green onions. Very tasty!! Thank you Athena Russell from Florence, SC for this great recipe.
Mar 16, 2013
This was amazing! I would highly recommend it! I love the touch of Salsa in it!
Aug 13, 2010
The flavors blend together wonderfully and you forget you are eating something healthy. The only downfall to this recipe is that it is a bit time consuming. I would make this again!
Jul 22, 2010
Hold the olives and I will definitely make it again. Finally found a fun new use for my Joseph's Bakery pita bread for diabetics.
May 30, 2010
These were very good. I couldn't find refried black beans so I just processed regular black beans (no sodium added) in my food processor. I also omitted the green chilis to suit our tastes. I also did not use a pita, I used a tortilla because that is what I had on hand and they turned out great. Excellent flavor.