Chicken Pita Pockets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 12 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- In a large bowl, mix oil, thyme, paprika, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt until blended. Add chicken; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix, mayonnaise and remaining salt; spoon into pita halves. Place chicken on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Fill pitas with chicken strips.
Nutrition Facts2 filled pita halves: 486 calories, 26g fat (4g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 687mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 31, 2015
Quick meal!! I baked the chicken and used whole wheat low carb wraps since that is what we had. Very good meal for a weeknight!!
Mar 17, 2015
Surprising delicious combination of flavors! So easy to put together.
Mar 4, 2015
Nice simple meal!
Jun 16, 2014
Very easy and really good.