Mini Chicken Salad Croissants
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 20 miniature croissants, split
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, mix first five ingredients; stir in vegetables. Add chicken; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours.
- Stir in bacon and pecans. Line croissants with lettuce; fill each with 1/4 cup chicken mixture.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 217 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Aug 27, 2015
These croissant sandwiches are absolutely delicious. I did add the sliced grapes as well as the green pepper and we loved it. I am already planning on serving them at a meeting next month. Delicious.I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home.
May 27, 2015
This was a good sandwich and easy to put together after a long days work. I didn't have the nuts or mushrooms, so we did without. I added green onion, garlic powder, and chopped cherry tomatoes. I would make this again.
Dec 8, 2013
Great summertime sandwich!
Nov 5, 2012
I added some garlic powder and it made all the flavors come together. This would be good to use up any leftover turkey, too.
May 13, 2010
I prepared this recipe for a small group of ladies; served it with some condiments and a fruit salad. It was a big hit and really did make exactly 20!!LJRose Schaumburg, IL
May 13, 2010
Mini chicken salad croissants are a simple, easy meal to make and one my family makes whenever we have all the ingredients. They are so good and so easy to eat, they're a keeper for sure and going in my recipe box.
May 19, 2009
Excellent flavour and I added a little green onion to it as well.