Crab Salad on Croissants
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 8 croissants, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, celery, onions and cheese. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and yogurt until blended. Pour over crab mixture; toss to coat. Line croissants with lettuce; top with crab salad and tomato slices.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 320 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Apr 5, 2016
This is an excellent recipe. I did add a few more spices and I made it low carb by omitting the croissants. Instead. I stuffed celery sticks with the mixture and served it as an Appetizer. I also had no sour cream so used Cream cheese instead.This is a very fresh tasting recipe no matter how it is served.JanieTaste of Home Volunteer Field Editor
Jul 22, 2015
Followed your directions exactly and we all loved it very much. I did have it with a glass of white wine. Excellent!!!!
Jul 12, 2014
Delicious. I halved the crab, celery, and onion, but used the same amount of cheese, mayo, and yogurt, for 3-4 servings. Had it open-faced on toasted Italian bread.
Aug 16, 2012
This is perfect! Love it!!
Nov 6, 2011
I recently made this recipe for a small gathering and everyone was asking for the recipe. It has great flavor and just the right amount of "extras".
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.