Crab Salad on Croissants
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 8 croissants, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, celery, onions and cheese. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and yogurt until blended. Pour over crab mixture; toss to coat. Line croissants with lettuce; top with crab salad and tomato slices.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 320 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Apr 5, 2016
This is an excellent recipe. I did add a few more spices and I made it low carb by omitting the croissants. Instead. I stuffed celery sticks with the mixture and served it as an Appetizer. I also had no sour cream so used Cream cheese instead.This is a very fresh tasting recipe no matter how it is served.JanieTaste of Home Volunteer Field Editor
Jul 22, 2015
Followed your directions exactly and we all loved it very much. I did have it with a glass of white wine. Excellent!!!!
Jul 12, 2014
Delicious. I halved the crab, celery, and onion, but used the same amount of cheese, mayo, and yogurt, for 3-4 servings. Had it open-faced on toasted Italian bread.
Aug 16, 2012
This is perfect! Love it!!
Nov 6, 2011
I recently made this recipe for a small gathering and everyone was asking for the recipe. It has great flavor and just the right amount of "extras".