Cranberry-Walnut Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 16 slices pumpernickel bread
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and pepper. Stir in the chicken, cheese, celery, cranberries, walnuts and parsley.
- Place lettuce on 8 slices of bread; top each with 1/2 cup chicken salad. Top with remaining bread.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 411 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 469mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein.
Jun 27, 2018
Cranberries and walnuts add a great sweetness and crunch to make a very flavorful chicken salad!
May 14, 2017
Loved this recipe! I used regular leftover chicken breast, not rotisserie. I also used regular Dijon since I didn't have the honey version. I used pecans instead of walnuts because that's what I already had. Lastly, after I made it, it didn't look saucy enough for me, so I added in an extra 1/2 portion of the mayo/mustard/pepper mixture (so I did a total of 1.5 times what is written above). LOVE IT. Will definitely make this again. YUM!
Jan 3, 2017
Very delicious! We had these on lettuce wraps and really enjoyed them.
Jun 22, 2015
We really enjoyed these!! No changes to the recipe except the next day needed a little more mayo. thanks for sharing!!
May 22, 2011
This is really good.I used plain Honey Mustard instead of the Dijon because I had none.Deleted the cheese and walnuts.
Feb 13, 2010
This has become a favorite for lunches in my home. The walnuts & cranberries add sweetness & crunch. My husband insists that he is the envy of co-workers when he brings this sandwich to work!
Mar 30, 2009
Yummy! Put it in whole wheat pita bread and it was very good.
Jan 22, 2009
absolutely yummy. We liked in pita bread. Thanks for sharing.