Walnut-Cream Cheese Finger Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt and pepper
- 24 thin slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, walnuts, parsley, green pepper, onion, lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and pepper until blended.
- Spread about 2 tablespoonfuls over each of 12 bread slices; top with remaining bread. Cut each sandwich into three 1-in.-wide strips.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 176 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Oct 2, 2017
Lovely little sandwiches. I used Pecans and I gave the filling a wee boost by adding some chopped Parsley. I also made the filling up the day before serving. The extra chill time gave all of the ingredients that extra time needed to bring this recipe to its best. Anytime of Tea time its a wonderful little treat.Taste of home Volunteer Field Editor
Oct 15, 2015
I spread this on pumpkin spice (a seasonal bread) bread for a board meeting....they were gone in 10 minutes. Wished I had made more...big hit. Als use on cinnamon raisin bread....yummy
Jul 25, 2012
I make the spread as instructed and leave it in a bowl to be used on bread slices, bagels, etc. Simple, but yummy!
Dec 13, 2011
I thought this recipe as is tasted flat on flavor. With the addition of a tsp each of salt and pepper, along with 2 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning and a few dashes of hot sauce, I could honestly say it tasted better. I would leave out the lemon juice and nutmeg, as they did nothing to enhance the flavor.
Sep 8, 2010
I made this for a potluck at work and everybody loved them, even received some suggestions for next time to maybe add ham and pickes, so i will try that too but for sure i will make them again.