Cranberry Nutella Sandwich Cookies
I created these cookies for my family after I realized that we had been without Nutella for far too long! Tart dried cranberries are a natural pairing to the hazelnut flavor. We can’t get enough of these sweet cookies! —Nancy Mock, Colchester, VT
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
Makes16 sandwich cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in cranberries. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a disk. Wrap iand refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 325°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. diamond-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Brush with milk.
- Bake until edges begin to brown, 18-20 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Spread Nutella over bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich cookie: 284 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.