Cranberry Spritz Cookies
Here’s a sure standout on your treat tray. The cheery cookies get their bright-pink color from cranberry-flavored gelatin.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cranberry gelatin powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening, sugar and gelatin until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles.
- Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 58 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.