Cranberry Spritz Cookies
Here’s a sure standout on your treat tray. The cheery cookies get their bright-pink color from cranberry-flavored gelatin.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cranberry gelatin powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening, sugar and gelatin until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles.
- Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 58 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Jello Spritz Cookies in Country Woman Christmas 2012