Rhubarb Cranberry Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 5-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups diced frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, rhubarb, chips and cranberries.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 84 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 3, 2014
This recipe cuts down in half nicely. These cookies are very moist and an excellent way to use up rhubarb out of the garden. I made these but changed them up quite a bit to make them a little more heart healthy. I used canola oil instead of butter and also used whole wheat pastry flour instead of AP flour. I also used raw sugar. For more details check out my bloghttp://www.apinchofluv.com/wordpress/2014/07/25/whole-grain-oat-rhubarb-cookies/
Jun 5, 2012
I just made these and they are fantastic!! I added Macadamia Nuts to them as well, and they are the bomb!! would recommend to anyone!!
May 11, 2010
I used fresh rhubarb and they still seemed too moist even with extra baking.
May 27, 2009
Did you try thawing rhubarb and then squeeze out water or let sit and drain? That would be my thought of where the moisture is coming from. hope this helps
Oct 14, 2008
Help,, very good but too wet, I baked additional 3 minutes and still to soft to pick up.should I refridgerate dough before I bake?