Cranberry Port Cookies
This is my version of a recipe I tasted years ago—my family loves it. The flaky cookies are filled with a scrumptious combination of dried cranberries, cinnamon, lemon and a hint of port wine. —Leslie Forte, Oakhill, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + cooling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1-1/3 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup port wine or unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 packages (15 ounces each) refrigerated pie crust
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Transfer to a food processor; cover and process until cranberries are finely chopped. Cool completely.
- Roll out each crust on a lightly floured surface to 1/16-in. thickness. Using a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 21 circles from each crust. Place a heaping teaspoonful of filling in the center of half of the circles; top with remaining circles. Press edges with a fork to seal.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cookies.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 138 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.